Click Here to view San Diego
It is the mission of the San Diego Podiatric Medical Society to promote, advance and protect the profession of podiatric medicine, to preserve the rights of the patients it serves and to seek continuous improvement in the quality of patient treatment and care.
Did You Know?
- Seventy-five percent of Americans will experience foot health problems of varying degrees of severity at one time or another in their lives.
- The foot is an intricate structure containing 26 bones. Thirty-three joints, 107 ligaments, 19 muscles, and tendons hold the structure together and allow it to move in a variety of ways.
- The 52 bones in your feet make up about one quarter of all the bones in your body.
- Women have about four times as many foot problems as men; lifelong patterns of wearing high heels often are the culprit.
- There are approximately 250,000 sweat glands in a pair of feet, and they excrete as much as half a pint of moisture each day.
- The average person takes 8,000 to 10,000 steps a day. Those cover several miles, and they all add up to about 115,000 miles in a lifetime -- more than four times the circumference of the globe.
Your feet are the foundation of your body. When you experience problems with or pain in your feet, it affects your well being. These problems can make it difficult to manage all aspects of your life in a healthy and productive way and seeing a podiatrist could be the right answer. Our podiatry specialists understand this and take our commitment to your better health seriously.
Our podiatrists are here to help you build a strong and healthy foundation by addressing any podiatric issues that may be keeping you from your best self.
Please feel free to fill out this form to find a podiatrist in your area.